Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Rock Star: Supernova

This show airs every Wednesday night at 8 pm...the same time as Singapore Idol. I hate to say this but, everytime I tune in to this program, I switch to SI during the breaks, & almost immediately, I switch back. How do you compare?

THIS...is talent.

One word: Dilana.

She. Rocks. Big. Time.

Check out her version of the Johnny Cash classic "Ring of Fire". "Ring of Fire"??? you may ask yourself. But if she released this as a single tomorrow, I betcha it would be a hit.



Not convinced? Check out this...her rendition of Cyndi Lauper's "Time After Time"...



Or this...



No matter what kind of music she chooses, she makes the song her own. She has been the most consistent of all the performers (although Ryan Star did give a very sexy, soulful version of REM's "Losing My Religion" last week) & every week, her performances with her powerful throaty vocals have not failed to deliver.

Goosebumps, every week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ring of Fire and Zombie were mind-blowing, but Time After Time was only average, I felt.

She's got the crazy eyes and the confidence, which is good!

aliendoc said...

Someone said she looks like a deluded lunatic.
A talented one, I say!

Anonymous said...

"Deluded lunatic" fits right in with the rockers though. :p Along with the dark eye shadow, tattoos, black leather, a mild tinge of goth, and several piercings. All DiLana, the DL for deluded lunatic.