Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Go, Right Brain!

If someone had told me six months ago that I would one day be sitting on the sidewalk, painting shophouses (pictures of, not walls) on Emerald Hill Road, I would have been ROFLMAO, and thought that person out of his/her mind.

Well, that's exactly what I did today (paint shophouses, that is). I felt very Bohemian, sitting outside in 33 degrees (Celsius), 100% humidity weather, looking very artistic, sweating like a hog & actually PAINTING A SHOPHOUSE with my fellow students. Amazing.

The end result is not exactly pleasing to the eye, nor complete (yet)- I suspect it will go the way of my Abstract & sit in my living room till I get the inspiration to complete it.

Neverthless, I am very pleased with myself for how far I've come. I am no longer overwhelmed by the thought of doing an actual painting nor fearful of making mistakes. And I have my art teacher to thank; without her encouragement or kind words no matter how bad my art work looked/looks, I would have remained in my shell instead of gritting my teeth & attempting to stretch my creative wings!

No comments: