Thursday, June 01, 2006

Proud Mom

Warning: the following post contains material that is maternally braggadocious in nature!





My 8th grader graduated from Middle School yesterday. He also received a President’s Educational Award for Academic Excellence. The certificate came with a letter signed by George Dubbya himself (printed, not handwritten; but I reckon it’s still pretty “awesome”, as my son would say!).

Surprisingly, I didn’t get all emotional like I did when he graduated from Kindy, though I did feel a prickling of tears when the school choir sang “Because You Loved Me” by Celine Dion.


You gave me wings and made me fly
You touched my hand I could touch the sky
I lost my faith, you gave it back to me
You said no star was out of reach
You stood by me and I stood tall
I had your love I had it all
I'm grateful for each day you gave me
Maybe I don't know that much
But I know this much is true
I was blessed because I was loved by you


Excerpt from “Because You Loved Me



My little boy is growing up…

No comments: