Thursday, September 15, 2005

AGING SUCKS

I am beginning to feel more aches and pains these days. No matter that I didn't too anything extremely strenuous; it could be just from sitting or lying in one position for too long. The MCP & IP joints of the fingers are also feeling it. I tried playing the piano after long years of not touching a keyboard - my fingers didn't feel like my own. I used to be able to do scales & arpeggios like nobody's business. Sigh.

I played tennis with my boys a few weeks ago. OMG, when I tried to hit a ball overhand, I felt something pull on the right side of my back, snapping like a broken string of a guitar. Thank God the pain was only temporary. But it made me realise that my body is aging faster than my mind. Sometimes, I still feel like the teenager who used to play tennis for ECA.

The eyes are also starting to go. Reading the road directory is a chore now, especially the street names. And trying to read the lipstick color off the base? Fuh-get it. I can still read the newspaper...but I know I am fighting a losing battle & will need reading glasses in the coming year or two.

Sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yea. growing old can be so painful. somehow the past always seems so memorable.

but well, one can still grow old gracefully!

lacrimalake