Thursday, March 23, 2006

Ahchoo!

Been sneezing up a storm. My allergic rhinitis has been acting up the last few weeks. Must be something in the air - mould, or the haze from Indonesia. Let me tell you, sneezing is very strenuous activity. It really drains your energy. I wonder how many extra calories I burnt up because of my allergy attack.

Those who suffer from VMR can empathise with me. Before the days of steroidal nasal sprays, one would wake up every morning with runny noses, sneezing fits, & oftentimes, clogged up sinuses. I think I spent most of the first half of my life breathing through just one nostril. Those of you who are not cursed with this affliction, don't take for granted this luxury of being able to use both nostrils at the same time.


Signed up for an ENT CME symposium this weekend. One of the topics being discussed: Allergic Rhinitis - A new Look at Immunotherapy.

Whoopee. Very timely indeed.

No comments: