Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Hip & Happenin'

Apparently, I’m a “hip mom” – this from a friend/fellow doctor’s daughter who knows about the existence of this blog. I guess I am hip for being a blogger, when many others in my generation (man, that sounds so old) are still trying to figure out how to use email.

I’m glad I’m hip. I think it’s important for parents to keep up (or at least try to!) with the latest in technology or top of the chart hits or latest fashion or teen hottie etc. I think if your child sees you showing an interest in what he or she is into, it strengthens the relationship, and also helps parents understand the mysteries of their children’s minds a little bit better. Plus I also think it keeps you young at heart.

And it’s also great if your kid thinks you’re a cool mom.

:)

No comments: