Friday, January 06, 2006

Eating Wind

To those who have been wondering if I have dropped off the face of the earth, please be assured that I am still around & have not gone over to the Dark Side :). This especially so after my last rather cryptic post.

Reasons why I haven't been around are:

a) Have been chillin' out on a nearby Indonesian island for the last week;
b) Been dealing with a potentially life-changing event which caused
c) Writer's Block

Thankfully, I think I am over (c); (b) I am still dealing with & may write more about in a later post if I feel up to it.

As for (a), I admit that I would have enjoyed it more if I were still working full-time :). I think it is true that we don't appreciate what we have until we don't have it, in this case, leisure time - to just laze by the pool/on the beach/in the spa. Eight months ago, I would have enjoyed this holiday a lot more, eager to leave the hectic deadlines & rat race of work & just doing absolutely nothing. I know that my kids enjoyed themselves just being in the pool as they had worked hard all semester in school. Hubby the workaholic was happy just hanging around the hotel, & having aromatherapy foot massages, and not having to answer phone calls & emails.

Maybe it's time for me to start looking at going back to work....well, at least on a part-time basis...I guess a "tai-tai"s life is not for me.

GREY'S ANATOMY


I taped the 2nd episode of this new series & just watched it tonight. I must say that this was definitely a more uplifting episode than the 1st one. Seeing Meredith Grey turn around from drawing lines between herself & the rest of the world, to drawing people into her circle was refreshing. This episode certainly reminded me that the practice of medicine can do some good after all, especially if we practice medicine for the sake of the patients.

No comments: