Monday, June 06, 2005

Phases

I have been asked if I have had any regrets in my life. I believe that we go through phases in how we answer this question.

In my 20's, my immediate answer would have been an immediate "Yes!" I would have studied ______ instead of ______, I would have done this instead of that, etc.

In my 30's, my answer would have been a "Maybe, but..." where I would be waffling between alternate options.

Now that I've arrived into the 40's, I have a much more philosophical approach to this question. I think that all the decisions which I have made in the various stages of life were the right ones given the particular situation that I had been in at the time. Yes, I definitely have regrets in the directions that I have taken in life, but I don't think I could have done any better even if I could live my life over again under the same circumstances.

So I think I should make do & be grateful with what I have & look forward to the second half of my life with enthusiasm!

No comments: