Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Bugs, Bugs, and more Bugs

This has been a brutal Winter, health-wise. Our family has been attacked left, right & center by various viruses (in all likelihood including the swine variety) since October, with sniffling, sneezing, coughing, wheezing, fever, copious mucoid production, congestion (not necessarily in that order) affecting one or more of us almost consecutively.

My usually ample supply of meds ( I keep a good stock of pharmaceuticals at home as I find it a pain to go to the local clinic where they charge exorbitant rates for consultation & end up giving medication which I could very well have prescribed myself) has been almost depleted & I will need to replenish it on my next trip to Singapore next month.

We all had the flu shots (the regular one, not the H1N1) - whether or not it helped, who knows. For some reason, I seem to be the least affected one of the lot. Yes I still get the symptoms but to a milder degree than the rest of the family. Maybe it's because of my previous abundant exposure to all the URTI patients that I had had to see in the polyclinics/general practice that has fortified my immune system so that I have the immunological memory of literally, a thousand & one types of antibodies . I guess some good came out of that. :)

Now if only my brain memory was that great...

No comments: