Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Donuts!

Krispy Kreme....YUM!

Believe it or not, I only just discovered how good these donuts taste. We didn't have them in our neck of the woods when we were living in the USA although my bro was raving about how great they were.

Then last weekend, on our ladies only shopping/eating trip to HK, I told myself that I HAD to try them, by hook or by crook. Someone had told me that the franchise had set up shop in Hong Kong. So after several hours of walking through shopping malls, we rested our weary feet & filled our hungry stomachs at the Krispy Kreme donut cafe in B2 of Times Square in Causeway Bay. Oh. My. God. They were so good.

My friends had told me about the crazy queues that form at the Donut Factory in a mall in Singapore. Hours of queueing just for donuts!!! Well, I am not sure if I would do that, but honestly, the krispy kreme ones were delicious. And the customer service was amazing. The store manager took our orders for delivery at our hotel on the day of our departure, so that we could feed our respective children with the freshest Krispy Kremes possible. (We ordered a total of 72 donuts between the three of us!!! And that didn't include the 15 that we consumed in total before leaving HK!!!) He was so accomodating with our requests, from the size of boxes to use, to labelling them with our names, to the time of delivery (which was EXACTLY at the pre-determined time).

Singapore customer service could take some lessons from Hong Kong.

By the way, my favourite Krispy Kreme donut was the original glazed. No need for all the extra frosting & fillings. Just pure donut....mmmmmmm.....

3 comments:

pretzel said...

Droolz..... they have it in Korea and Australia too... doubt they gonna set up franchise in SG...

aliendoc said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
aliendoc said...

hey, you never know!!! :)