Monday, March 23, 2015

Rest In Peace Lee Kuan Yew



A great man passed on today.  Many Singaporeans consider him the reason for Singapore's success.  There are some who may call him a dictator.

But for me, he will always remain an icon of Singapore, a respected statesman, a beloved family man.  I am watching now, as his son, the current Prime Minister of Singapore makes the announcement on national television.  He is visibly sorrowful, his voice occasionally breaking.

To his family, my deepest condolences.

Rest In Peace, Lee Kuan Yew.

"I have no regrets.  I have spent my life, so much of it, building up this country.  There's nothing more that I need to do.  At the end of the day, what have I got?  A successful Singapore.  What have I give up?  My life."   ~Lee Kuan Yew~

No comments: