Friday, October 21, 2011

Blind

Mothers of boys, I am sure you have had the following exchange of conversation (or something like it) with your sons before:
Son
"MOM!!!  Where is my shirt/jeans/pants/shorts/underwear/socks/cap/jacket?!"

Mom
"In your closet!"

Son
"I looked...it's not there!"

Mom
"Look closer, it's there.  Check in the pile."

Son
"I did, it's not there!"

Mom goes into Son's closet & pulls out missing item. 
"Here it is."


Similar scenario happened today.  Except that the "missing" item was the "Early Decision" button in the Common Apps website.

W
"Mr S said that you did not submit the ED signature.  You need to do it again."

Me
"What???  I did!  I even received an acknowledgment!"

W
"Well, I couldn't find it on the Common Apps today.  It's not there."

Me
"Are you sure?  Did you look properly?"

W
"Yes.  You need to do it again."

By then, I was very intrigued as to how an important link on the website could go missing.

I go on the site, log in and a couple of clicks later, I find it.  Not even buried within a pile of links.  It was RIGHT THERE.  Same as other previously "missing" items.

Sigh.....MEN.

No comments: