Tuesday, December 21, 2010

2010 Favorite Things

Here are my favorite things of 2010:

  1. My handy dandy Brother ES-2400 sewing machine which I have used to make so many quilted gifts for family & friends!
  2. My iriver e-reader & Nookbook (technically my husband's but then what's his is mine too :)) - it has widened the choice of books available to me infinitely, especially here in English books -deprived China. Now it follows me to the gym & makes my workout much shorter than it seems (thank God), & I can carry it along with me if I am stuck in traffic (a frequent occurence in Beijing) & yes, I will admit it, it also makes for bathroom reading. And don't forget that it is much greener than buying actual paper books!
  3. The Garmin GPS navigator - one of our best buys of the year! It was invaluable during our road trips in the US, enabling us to find not only our destinations, but also last minute stops at supermarkets/movie theater/restaurants/department stores etc.
  4. My new favorite restaurant in Beijing: Hatsune! I usually am not a fan of sashimi, but the salmon here is to die for...
  5. One of my favorite reads of the year, "Three Cups of Tea" by Greg Mortensen.
Merry Christmas & Happy 2011!

No comments: