Saturday, September 11, 2010

Metamorphosis

Once upon a time, I wished there were more hours in the day because I had to
  • work
  • supervise my children's homework
  • make sure the household was running smoothly
  • make sure we had meals on the dinner table
  • sleep
  • have some kind of leisure time/activity (if at all)
Now, I find myself wishing there were more hours in the day because I
  • preside over the parent organization in my son's school
  • quilt
  • get body/foot massages
  • have lunch with my friends
  • shop
  • play mahjong
  • watch the latest movies & TV series on DVD
  • volunteer in school
  • and soon, take painting lessons
If the Me of today could go back in time and tell the Me of yesterday about my current lifestyle, I am sure my previous Me would scoff & say,"Ha! If that ever happens, I will eat my hat!"

I am thankful for what I have had the chance to experience, and for what I have.

No comments: