Thursday, September 10, 2009

My son the Senior

One year from today, my first-born son will be a freshman in a college/university somewhere on the other side of the world.

When he was born almost 18 years ago, it was the start of an amazing roller coaster ride of an adventure,nurturing a new life that was entirely reliant on me for sustenence, then seeing him develop to an initially very shy toddler, to a sociable little boy, and now a strapping teenager on the cusp of adulthood.

I am proud of him, my very own teddy-bear-lovable-considerate-intelligent-guitar-playing-born-leader of a son. He is ready to fly out of our nest...more ready than I will ever be to let him go.

But it is a milestone in every mother's life to do so. And I hope when the time comes, I won't be a blithering, blubbering idiot.

No comments: