Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Hope

It's been years since I've seen such cohesion among Americans all over the world. The last time was on Sept 11, 2001, when the world stood still, & Americans despaired & united in tragedy when the World Trade Center buildings collapsed under the attack of terrorists.

Today, it was elation I saw, as Barack Obama was elected as the 44th President of the United States, the first black president of this country. He won by a landslide & from the footage shown of the multitudes celebrating, I shared in the joy & hope felt by the American people. Obama represents a new age in American politics, where hopefully, diplomacy wins over brute force, & open-mindedness triumphs over insularity.

I hope, with all my heart, that he will live up to the expectations of those who voted for him today.

No comments: